17 September 2012

Heaven is here in this house



“Heaven is here in this house. I am held captive by the beauty and magic that surround me at this very moment. On a misty evening like this one, I may decide to draw or paint, but I would always rather be reading a good book, enjoying the pleasure of an excellent story written by someone else. Sitting in my parlor, I am completely content in my chair, with the best companions imaginable: my books. To treasure one’s house and books, lavishing them with care and love, is reward in itself, as they return your love so beautifully. And for this I am truly grateful.” — Rose Tarlow 


Perhaps one of the loveliest descriptions of the phenomenon of "house bliss".

4 comments:

  1. She's a woderful decorator too! Thanks so much for the T. Willaims quote on rain. I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful; and so true. Thank you for posting it...♥ I've just discovered your lovely blog, and am now following...so nice to meet you!
    Best,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Anne! It's lovely to meet you, too. I enjoyed visiting your blog just now and plan on being a frequent guest there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by, Jacqueline! I had never heard of Rose Tarlow before reading her article in VERANDAH magazine. But now I'm a fan! I'm glad you liked that Williams quote. Take care.

    ReplyDelete