11 May 2011

Things That Matter


There was a book I saw once on a shelf in a church library. It couldn't have been more than half an inch thick and when I turned my head to read the title I laughed out loud:

THINGS THAT TRULY MATTER

I guess when it comes down to it, you really can reduce all the arm flapping and folderol to those few things that truly matter.  So, here's this week's list of things that truly matter.
  • the way the redbud trees look on campus
  • how the flowering apple tree next door seems to fill every window on that side of the house with a soft pink veil of blossoms
  • the package that arrived from a distant friend filled to overflowing with sock yarn
  • getting to see my family this weekend
  • the smell of the rain on the newly sprouted garden beds
  • the fact that Tim Thomas's body was apparently cloned in a slinky factory 
  • getting to spend another Mother's Day with mom

Roger that.

No comments:

Post a Comment