Things picked up slightly after Thanksgiving and a few items were completed and dispersed:
- a green buffalo plaid fringed fleece blanket for my brother [say that three times fast]
- a rich butternut-colored pair of socks for a friend
- an oatmeal tweed toque for a friend's husband
- dusty rose spiral tube socks for a friend's elderly mother
- tiger-striped fitted socks for a friend
- hunter green fitted socks for my aunt
- oatmeal tweed bed socks for my uncle
- pale turquoise bed socks for a friend
- mauve/lavender fitted socks for a friend
- hunter green fitted socks for a colleague
- chocolate brown bed socks for my sister-in-law
- oatmeal tweed spiral tube socks for another aunt
The spiral tube sock is a favorite pattern of mine from "Knitting Vintage Socks" by Nancy Bush. There are several variations of the pattern on Ravelry.com and it's a wonderfully cozy sock to wear paddling around the house.
I also have a lovely piece of tapestry that I hope to sew over a pillow and send out for a family member's birthday. And another pillow will be covered with a beautiful tea towel commemorating Queen Elizabeth's Jubilee. That one's for me.