28 September 2012

Favorite Thing No. 91c

Mr. Tyger arrived as a gift to cheer me during a long hospital stay. Everyone likes a life-sized stuffed animal when they're ill.  Even grownups. The nursing station was another thing altogether, but they got over it. In time.

Within weeks of our arrival home, he had become KING of the parlor, with a "bejeweled" crown from the local toy store.  They also sell sceptres, ballet tutus, wands, and other magical make believe paraphernalia; but despite his pestering, I drew the line at a crown. At Christmas he gets a ring of holly inside the crown, and in late winter he sports several strands of Mardi Gras beads. (He prefers the green ones.  They match his eyes.)

He likes his spot in front of the old steamer trunk in the parlor.  I suspect that's because he gets a nice breeze through the verandah doors in summer, and in winter he can enjoy the heat from the furnace below or the nearby fireplace.

Mr. Tyger is a calm and attentive fellow.  And despite that incident last year with the Boxer dog (his tail is healing nicely, thank you) he's very long-suffering about being pulled around during vacuuming or being sat on my small children. All in all, a wonderful companion.

Grab your crown and stop by Claudia's Favorite Thing party.



16 comments:

  1. I can see that he is a very nice addition to your decor! I think the boxer is lucky he did not get eaten by Mr. Tyger. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Mr. Tyger! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me smile! I love it when we adults can have a whimsical favorite thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is very handsome, indeed! You'll have to show us a photo of him adorned for Christmas. I always wanted a life-sized stuffed animal as a girl! It's sort of wonderful to get one as an adult, isn't it?

    Thanks so much for joining in this week!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaah - oops, I mean RAAWWWR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute tiger! Love your banner picture of the cottage too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for coming by Bridgit's Bell. Love the photo of the cottage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know he did cheer you up whilst you were in hospital. Visiting from Claudia's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He looks very contented in his home. Glad to hear he is healing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful Tyger! I love the crown!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks to everyone for your kind comments. I'll definitely post his picture at Christmas, guarding the Christmas Tree in his holly crown. (My aunt has a full-sized Carousel horse in her parlor, and a large stuffed giraffe in her "play room". So I think I must come by this whimsy naturally!!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is cute and regal looking at the same time. :-D
    Thanks for sharing your cub with us. My daughter has a life size steiff tiger cub that her grandparents gave her when she was a toddler. Never had the right place for it, so it stayed on the foot of her bed most of the time.
    Thanks for stopping by and nice comment.
    Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're welcome, Glenda. When I was a child I played with a very small Steiff lion that had belonged to my mother when she was small. She still has him, none the worse for wear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I do love a big ole stuffed animal with a story behind him. I can see why he's your favorite!

    ReplyDelete