25 January 2013

Favorite Thing No. 91e (for Ephemera)

Throughout a busy day it's nice to stop, breathe, and look around at all the whimsical items I've collected (or been given) to brighten my work space and keep me anchored to my so-called real life.

A photo of my father the day the war ended ...   

An old broadside touting my great-uncle's singing skills ...

My voodou poppet who reminds me to think good thoughts ...  

Several posters and invitations ...
 
 

Various cartoons and humorous photographs ...

Pretty dishes to hold biscuits or sweets to have with my coffee ...

And so many, many more:
a kitty-head candy jar ...
bunches of mardi gras beads ...  
a tiny porcelain candy corn ...
lithographs of Bach and Handel ...
a snow globe of the NYC skyline ...
a slab of concrete from a favorite building that was renovated ... 
a mini Caravaggio calender ...
a flower pot of dried roses ...

And a sign that never fails to make me grin,
even thought a lot of times it's not true:


How can I not not look around and smile
and return to work with a lighter heart?



Time to bring a smile to Claudia's Party...






6 comments:

  1. Love the pic of your dad!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so much fun to look at these things! Your dad managed to surround himself with pretty women. :-) And the Ballet Folklorico de Mexico poster brought back fond memories! We saw them in Mexico City, years ago. Truly exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff! Full of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this glimpse of what brightens up your workspace! Personalizing a space makes all the difference in the world!

    Thanks so much for joining in this week!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Working in an office can be so very dreary! Love how you've brightened and cozied up your work space.

    Happy week to you!

    ReplyDelete