Sir James Barrie was such a gentle soul on paper, and said such lovely wise things. Here are a just a few:
- Forget not your past, for in the future it may help you grow.
- Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
- Temper is a weapon that we hold by the blade.
- The most useless are those who never change through the years.
- God gave us memory so that we might have roses in December.
- A safe but sometimes chilly way of recalling the past is to force open a crammed drawer. If you are searching for anything in particular you don't find it, but something falls out at the back that is often more interesting.
And my favorite....
- Always be a little kinder than necessary.